PreLicense.com provides state-approved Kansas PreLicense License Exam Prep with a money back guarantee! Satisfy ALL your Prep requirements at one low price with our online or paper courses!
Kansas PreLicense Prep
Kansas PreLicensing Requirements
The licensing information presented here is a brief summary only and is not intended to be comprehensive or complete. We urge you to check with your state's insurance department for complete and current information about its licensing rules and requirements.
License application Process:
1. Apply for Residence License: Online via Producer Desktop - or -Print out and mail to the Producers Division; 420 S.W. Ninth Street; Topeka, KS 66612-1678. Applicants for a Title or Bail Bond license should indicate the line being applied for under "O-Other" on page 2 of the Uniform Application.
Submit the NAIC Uniform Application for Individual Insurance Producer License in one of two ways:
- If applying by mail, submit a $30 application fee (personal or business check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to the Kansas Insurance Department).
- Provide a clearance letter if you hold a license from another state and are moving to Kansas. A clearance letter is not required if the applicant's former state of residence participates in the NAIC PDB (PDB Participating State Report). -
- Provide evidence of FINRA registration if Variable Contracts authority is required. (Series 6 or 7)
2. Register for your State exam
Materials needed to bring:
- Candidate must present two forms of current signature identification. The primary identification must be government-issued, photo-bearing with a signature and the secondary identification must contain a valid signature. Identification must be in English.
- When candidates complete the examination, they will receive a score report marked “pass” or “fail”.
- The passing score required on each examination is 70%.
For information about your exam:
New Resident Requirements
To qualify as a Kansas resident insurance agent, the applicant must satisfy all the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass the appropriate license examination.
- Submit the NAIC Uniform Application for Individual Insurance Producer License in one of two ways:
- Online via Producer Desktop or
- Print and mail to:
420 S.W. Ninth Street
Topeka, KS 66612-1678
If applying by mail, submit a $30 application fee (personal or business check, money order, or cashier's check payable to the Kansas Insurance Department).
If Variable Contracts authority is requested, evidence of appropriate FINRA registrations (Series 6 or 7) must also be provided. Candidates must pass the life insurance license examination.
Applicants who hold a license from another state and are moving to Kansas must provide a clearance letter. A clearance letter is not required if the applicant's former state of residence participates in the NAIC Producer Database.
Though an application must be submitted, it is not necessary to take a license examination to obtain a non-resident agent license. Contact the Kansas Insurance Department (www.ksinsurance.org) for details.
How to Register for an Exam
To register or schedule an examination, candidates should register directly with Pearson VUE, the exam provider, through one of the following:
- Register online for the exam through the Pearson VUE Web site, 24 hours a day.
- Fax registration forms to 888-204-6291.
- Call Pearson VUE staff at 888-204-6255.
State-Required Product Training
Your state has special training requirements in order for licensed agents to sell the following products:
Long-Term Care: All Kansas producers who sell, solicit, or negotiate LTC partnership policies must complete 4 hours of state-approved Kansas LTCP training.
Purchasing State-required Product Training with your exam prep course from the PreLicense.com catalog will allow you to take one of the special training requirement courses from WebCE. Additional fees for state filing, books or shipping may apply at the time you register to begin taking the product training course.
Click here for more information regarding state-specific product training.
Kansas Insurance Department
420 S.W. Ninth Street
Topeka, KS 66612-1678
Consumer Hotline: 800-432-2484 (KS only)