General Insurance Licensing Requirement
To qualify for a resident Georgia state insurance producer license, the applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a resident of Georgia for at least six months every year or have a principal place of business within the state.
- Demonstrate good character
- Complete an approved prelicensing course of study (See prelicense requirements below)
- Pass a written examination
- File an application, Citizenship Affidavit form, and submit a set of fingerprints
Requirements by Insurance Line of Authority
Applicants must complete 20-hours of prelicense education (PLE) for each major line of authority (LOA). An applicant who wishes to obtain a Life and Accident & Sickness license must complete 40 hours of PLE, and will receive a separate certificate of completion for each LOA.
Life – 20 Hrs
Accident & Sickness – 20 Hrs
Life, Accident & Sickness – 40 Hrs
Property – 20 Hrs
Casualty – 20 Hrs
Property & Casualty – 40 Hrs
Personal Lines- 20 Hrs