PreLicense.com provides state-approved Oklahoma PreLicense License Exam Prep with a money back guarantee! Satisfy ALL your Prep requirements at one low price with our online or paper courses!
Oklahoma PreLicense Prep
Oklahoma PreLicensing Requirements
Individual Resident Producer Requirements
To qualify for a resident Oklahoma insurance producer license, the applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have not committed any act that is grounds for denial, suspension or revocation set forth in Section 1435.13
· Pass the license examination
· File a license application and remit filing fees
State Candidate Handbook
Before making an exam reservation Candidates should thoroughly review the Oklahoma Insurance Department Candidate Information Bulletin, which contains the exam content outlines and important information regarding eligibility and the examination and licensing application process.
Applicants must read each lesson before they can proceed to the next lesson.
· Passing Score: PreLicense.com suggests students pass PreLicense.com's Practice exam with a score of 70% or higher.
· Exam Proctor Requirements: The Practice exam does not require a proctor.
Certificate of Completion
The Oklahoma Insurance Department does not require a PLE certificate of completion.
State Reporting Requirements
The Oklahoma Insurance Department does not require PLE course completions to be reported.
License Application Process:
1. Register for Exam: Visit www.psiexams.com. To register online. Internet registration is available 24 hours a day. PSI registrars are available via phone as well to register. Please call (800) 733-9267 to register by phone.
Check Test Center Availability By Visiting: https://candidate.psiexams.com/registration/displayagencylicenses_home.jsp
Materials Needed to Apply: You must provide 2 forms of identification. One must be a VALID form of government-issued identification (driver’s license, state ID, passport), which bears your signature and has your photograph. The second ID must have your signature and preprinted legal name. All identification provided must match the name on the Examination Registration Form and your Registration Confirmation Notice.
2. Fingerprint Requirements :There are currently no fingerprint requirements in Oklahoma.
· The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
· When you complete the exam, you will receive a score report marked “pass or fail”.
3. Apply for State License: Allow 3 business days for PSI to provide the exam results to the Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID) electronically prior to applying. Apply online by visiting www.oid.ok.gov. Allow (5) business days for the OID to review the application.
New Resident Producer Requirements
If you are moving to Oklahoma and wish to qualify for an Oklahoma producer license without taking an examination, the following requirements must be met:
· File license application electronically within 90 days of establishing legal residence in Oklahoma
· Surrender prior home state license
· Apply Online: Click here to apply for a resident insurance license online
· Click here for a current fee schedule.
There are currently no fingerprint requirements in Oklahoma.
Nonresident Producer Requirements
Non-residents may apply by reciprocity and are exempt from the examination requirement, as long as they are currently licensed as a resident and in good standing in their home state. In addition, the former home state must award nonresident producer licenses to residents of Oklahoma on the same basis.
· Apply Online: Click here to apply for a non-resident insurance license online
· Click here for a current fee schedule.
Fingerprints are not required for non-resident applicants in Oklahoma.
State-Required Product Training
Your state has special training requirements in order for licensed agents to sell the following products:
Annuity Training: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Oklahoma, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
Long-Term Care: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products in Oklahoma, producers must complete an initial 8-hour NAIC LTC course approved in any state.
Purchasing state-required Product Training with your exam prep course from the PreLicense.com catalog will allow you to take one of the special training requirement courses from WebCE. Additional fees for state filing, books or shipping may apply at the time you register to begin taking the product training course.
Click here for more information regarding state-specific product training.
Oklahoma Insurance Department
3625 NW 56th Street, Suite 100
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112
Phone: (405) 521-3916
Fax: 405) 522-3642
Email: [email protected]
Web site: http://candidate.psiexams.com/
The licensing information presented here is a brief summary only and is not intended to be comprehensive or complete. We urge you to check with your state's insurance department for complete and current information about its licensing rules and requirements.