Individual Resident Producer Requirements
To qualify for a resident New Mexico insurance producer license, the applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
State Candidate Handbook
Before making an exam reservation Candidates should thoroughly review the New Mexico Candidate Handbook, which contains the exam content outline and important information regarding eligibility and the examination and licensing application process.
Applicants must read each lesson before they can proceed to the next lesson.
Certificate of Completion
The New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance does not require a PLE certificate of completion.
State Reporting Requirements
The New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance does not require PLE course completions to be reported.
License Application Process:
1. Register for State Exam: You can schedule an exam online or check by visiting https://candidate.psiexams.com/ssl_login.jsp or by calling PSI at (800) 733-9267.Check Test Center Availability By Visiting: https://candidate.psiexams.com/registration/displayagencylicenses_home.jsp
Materials to bring to the Exam site:
Candidates are required to bring one (1) form of valid (nonexpired) signature bearing identification to the test site.
2. Schedule a Fingerprinting:
All applicant fingerprint background checks will be processed electronically. Please register at www.cogentid.com.
Fingerprinting must be done at one of the authorized fingerprint locations. Fingerprint site location information is available at https://www.cogentid.com/index.htm. The ORI Number for Office of Superintendent of Insurance (OSI) is NM920210Z.
3. Apply for your License: You must complete and submit the license application (form 210) New Mexico applications and forms can be found online at www.osi.state.nm.us/ProducerLicensing/formsapplications.aspx.
• Upon approval, you will be sent an email notification of eligibility, along with instructions for scheduling the examination.
• If you fail the examination, you must wait one business day before paying and scheduling to re-take the examination.
• The application is valid for 6 months. If you fail an exam twice, you will not be allowed to retake it again for 30 days. If you fail your exam an additional two times, you will have to wait an additional six months to schedule and take your exam and will need to submit a new application form, application fees, registration form and registration fees.
New Resident Producer Requirements
A new resident may take the license exam before moving to New Mexico. A nonresident who is moving to New Mexico and who held a resident agent license in another state must file a license application with a Letter of Clearance from the other state. Contact the Agent Licensing Bureau of the New Mexico Insurance Division at 505-827-4601 for more information.Application Process
Ways to Apply
Apply online: Click here to apply online.
Apply by Paper: Applicants may apply for an agent license by mailing the completed license application, registration form, all fees, and any other required supporting documentation to Prometric’s New Mexico office. All of New Mexico’s applications and forms can be found online at www.nmprc.state.nm.us/als.htm.All resident license applicants must be fingerprinted as part of the application process. Please review requirements here.
Materials Needed to Apply
All of New Mexico’s applications and forms can be found online at www.osi.state.nm.us.
Nonresident Producer Requirements
Nonresidents who wish to be licensed in New Mexico must contact the Agent Licensing Bureau of the New Mexico Insurance Division for more information on licensing requirements.
New Mexico Office of Superintendent of InsuranceAgent Licensing BureauP.O. Box 1269Sante Fe, NM 87504Phone: (505) 827-4601Email: email@example.com
The licensing information presented here is a brief summary only and is not intended to be comprehensive or complete. We urge you to check with your state's insurance department for complete and current information about its licensing rules and requirements.
Prepare for your state insurance license exam with confidence. Engaging course features enhance the PreLicense.com study experience by reinforcing key points that are essential for passing the license exam: