PreLicense.com provides state-approved Iowa PreLicense License Exam Prep with a money back guarantee! Satisfy ALL your Prep requirements at one low price with our online or paper courses!
Iowa PreLicense Prep
Iowa PreLicensing Requirements
Individual Resident Producer Requirements
To qualify for a resident Iowa insurance producer license, the applicant must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the state of Iowa
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have not committed any act that is grounds for denial under sub rule 10.20
- Submit a completed Uniform Application
- Pay the appropriate insurance producer license fees
Before making an exam reservation Candidates should thoroughly review the Iowa Insurance Candidate Handbook, which contains the exam content outlineand important information regarding eligibility and the examination and licensing application process.
Applicants must read each lesson before they can proceed to the next lesson.
Exam RequirementsPassing Score: PreLicense.com suggests students pass PreLicense.com's mastery exam with a score of 70% or higher. Exam Proctor Requirements: The mastery exam does not require a proctor.
Certificate of Completion
The Iowa Insurance Division does not require a PLE certificate of completion.
State Reporting Requirements
The Iowa Insurance Division does not require PLE course completions to be reported.
License Application Process:
1. Register for your State exam: schedule your state exam by visiting o www.pearsonvue.com/ia/insurance or by calling (877) 540-5825.
Materials Needed to Present at Exam Site:
Candidate must present two (2) forms of current signature identification. The name on the identification must exactly match the name on the registration. The primary identification must be government issued, photo-bearing with a signature and the secondary identification must contain a valid signature.
- The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, you will receive a score report marked “pass or fail”.
2. Apply for a license: After passing the examination, allow 2-3 business days for your notification to be uploaded to the NIPR (National Producer Insurance Registry) website.
Then submit application and license fee online following links on http://www.nipr.com/licensing/index.html Please note that the application process must be completed within 90 days of passing the examination.
New Resident Producer Requirements
If you are moving to Iowa and wish to qualify for an Iowa license without taking an examination, you must:
· Have held the same or a similar insurance license in your previous state within the 90-day period preceding the Iowa application.
· Submit a Uniform Application to the Iowa Division of Insurance with a letter of clearance that shows you have had a license within the 90-day period.
Materials Needed to Apply
Candidates who receive a passing score on the state exam will need to forward the materials listed below to the Iowa Division of Insurance.
Nonresident Producer Requirements
An individual licensed in good standing in his or her state of residence may obtain equivalent license authority in Iowa by applying online through the NIPR Gateway
License Application Process
- Apply Online: Click here to apply for a resident insurance license online
Materials Needed to Apply
Applicants who wish to obtain a nonresident insurance license in Iowa will need to forward the materials listed below to the Iowa Division of Insurance.
State-Required Product Training
Your state has special training requirements in order for licensed agents to sell the following products:
Annuity Training: All producers currently licensed to sell, solicit, and negotiate annuity products must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating such products.
Indexed Insurance: All producers selling indexed life products must complete a one-time 4 credit-hour training course.
Long-Term Care: A one-time training course of at least 8 CE credits in subjects related to long-term care insurance must be completed prior to selling any long-term care insurance.
Purchasing State-required Product Training with your exam prep course from the PreLicense.com catalog will allow you to take one of the special training requirement courses from WebCE. Additional fees for state filing, books or shipping may apply at the time you register to begin taking the product training course.
Click here for more information regarding state-specific product training.
State of Iowa Insurance Division
Producer Licensing/CE Bureau
330 Maple Street
Des Moines, IA 50319-0065
Phone: (515) 281-7757
Fax: (515) 281-3059
PO Box 8588
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8588
The licensing information presented here is a brief summary only and is not intended to be comprehensive or complete. We urge you to check with your state's insurance department for complete and current information about its licensing rules and requirements.